Monday, October 08, 2007

Number 2 Turns Number 1!!


Frosting nose
Originally uploaded by epmdesigner
Tomorrow is the official day, October 9. Aisy will be 1 year old! She's like a whole new baby. Sure, she's still a mama's girl, she's sensitive and she wants what she wants when she wants it! But, she's also walking around like crazy, babbling up a storm, and as you can see from the picture, she is demolishing entire cakes with her bare hands (OK and he teeth too!).

This weekend we had a little neighborhood party. The grandparents were all in attendance and Auntie D and Uncle Mike came too! This shot was art directed once again by D...who was oh so crafty and placed some frosting on Aislin's nose. There are many more shots to share with you, even if Dev's pictures are way better than mine! I was too busy trying to keep Leah's grubbly, little paws off the BIG cake. Once again, my friend Jen OUT DID herself and wowed the crowd with a fantastic caramel apple confection covered in chocolate fondant and decorated beautifully to match the green and brown daisy invitations I created for my own little Aisy daisy. I won't even go into the cupcakes that were piled high with icing and subsequently devoured by the neighborhood children. Mmmmm.....

We had planned to have the party outside, but showers of rain upon arrival brought everyone inside. That was fine. My vacuum needed some use anyway. It was a tight squeeze but no one seemed to mind and Aislin had the best time of all I think. I have a meeting tomorrow, but my mind will be with my little one. I can't believe it has been a year already. She's my buddy...always hanging off me, racing towards me or clamoring for my attention. We'll you've got it kid! Happy early birthday!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy 1st Aislin!

You have gotten so big so fast. You look so adorable at your party!!


Enjoy this special with lots of hugs and kisses sent from the Herrera gang!! (especially Holden)

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Aisy!!!!!

From your Ohio friends, Rob and Robin!