Well, today was the first official day. As most of you know Leah is off to the Lab School at Syracuse University two days a week for their toddler program. I snapped this shot at one of (the many) "get acquainted" sessions the school held to help the kids transition to their new school routine.
Anyone who has met Leah knows that she was and is READY!!! All her readiness made these quick-visit, getting to know you type days rather painful. She would pitch a monster fit everytime we'd get ready to head home. "I want to stay at school!!!! I want to play on the playground!!! Don't take me!!!!"
Gotta love that last one she throws in there like I'm abducting her. Yes Leah, I'm abducting you....taking you back home to eat a yummy lunch of whatever it is you'd like, where you can nap in your warm, comfy, bed with Lola and later play with your friends. Goodness, after tantrums like that I'll gladly take a nap if you don't want to kid!
Needless to say, Mommy here was totally ready herself for the first 9-12 full morning of school. I was slightly consoled by the fact that while other children cried at drop off, mine just asked me when I'd return, pecked me on lips, gave me a big hug and was off playing without a care in a matter of minutes. Still, I remained humble in my knowledge that it's the other end of the school experience that sets Leah off.
Today she was better when we left to head home, but still resisted, gave some attitude, and was generally ornery about the situation. This would all be much easier if I did not have to hold Aisy while dealing with this (which is like holding a squirming 19 lb sausage while trying to wrangle a crying 30 lb trout out of water...all that flipping and flopping!!!). One day at a time though right? Let's hope that each time we leave school LeLe's a little quieter, a bit more compliant, and increasingly cooperative.
I think she will be. As far as school goes, it seems she's an angel (just look at the picture), a sassy, talkative, animal craker inhaling, ball of energy, sort of angel, but an angel nonetheless!!!!
Tuesday, September 11, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Awww, how wonderful!!! Hey! She deserves some special "big girls go to school" cookies. (no wait...YOU deserve them - all the better for bribing with!!!) Sausage and trout...hmmm catchy new nicknames?
School already! Wow, that's great. Glad to hear Leah is excited aboukt school.
Love the analogy... "which is like holding a squirming 19 lb sausage while trying to wrangle a crying 30 lb trout out of water..."
That cracked me up!
Post a Comment