When I started blogging my only desire was to keep family and friends updated on Leah and then on Leah and Aislin...the dynamic duo! Over the years (and I can't believe it's been YEARS, but it has) I've come to love blogging. This blog has been a creative outlet, a vehicle for venting, as well as a forum where I could ask (or answer) all sorts of questions on parenting, music, life, photography, travel and so much more.I have stayed true to my desire to keep this blog personal, and when I wanted to see what sort of benefits I could gain for my business through blogging, I started a new blog just for that. My company website bridedesign.com is being finished as we speak and in the meantime my business blog bridedesign.blogspot.com has filled in as my main online presence. I've learned that business blogging isn't all that different (in some ways!) from personal blogging. Posts allow me to keep customers updated, talk about new offers and deals, and highlight product news. Friends, clients, fellow business vendors, family, and even a few strangers who delurked back in January, have all encouraged and supported me a great deal when it comes to blogging. I realized that I enjoy it so much I figured if I ever saw an opportunity to blog or write in a more public forum I would take it. I also thought it would be great to get paid (whether in "click-throughs" to my business sites, ad space, or $$$....the latter would be REALLY nice someday!) for doing yet another activity I love. Recently I sent a few samples off to a website that aims to nurture and support entrepreneurs who are also mothers. They were looking for monthly columnists and I figured mothering and business ownership are two areas I actually know a little bit about so maybe I should jump in and see what the water is like.
Lo and behold, I've been retained as the new Style Mama at mommyscompany.com. My first column went live over the weekend and I'm so thrilled I had to share the news with everyone. Of course my first love will always be Sugar Hiccups: Life with Leah and AIslin, so don't worry I'll be posting there for as long as my daughters will let me!! But I'm excited to have a new home on the web where I can write about things beyond stationery and diapers. Believe me, I'm sure those items will come up in a Style Mama column at some point (OK well, maybe not together), but for the most part I'll be writing about fashion, beauty, design trends, home interiors, music, culture and more...as it applies to parentrepreneurs...specifically Moms. Anyway, if you are so inclined stop by mommy's company. Scroll down to the icon (which yes, I know, looks NOTHING like me AT ALL) and that will lead you to the latest article. Thanks again Sugar Hiccup fans for being the best little corner of the blogosphere ever! It's because of you guys that I even realized I have a voice worth sharing.
8 comments:
HOORAY!!!!! Congratulations! I'm so proud to be the first to respond. I can't wait to check it out!
Congratulations! That was a great article - I love Pete's term "Little Mommies" - mine always got left in the shower. I am so excited for you!
Love,
Cynthia
Congrats. How very cool, Style Mama. I will still read it (even though my little ones are the 4 legged kind).
Wait, I'm confused....I recognize the wonderful and witty writing that is you, but who is the Asian girl??
Love the new blog!
Nicolle
Love the column!!! No wonder you won a writing award in college...that Project Advanced English really paid off!
PS I could have contributed plenty of photos of you with thick and LONG bangs my dear...I was wondering the same thing as Nicolle - Is that a model friend of yours???
Wow Erin .... that is so cool.....can't wait to read it.....you have such writing talents. Good Luck Love You Auntie
Great news Erin! You all have it going on and the girld look wonderful. Life is good and FULL!!
Amy Ketler
I meant the girls look good, not your girdle! :))
Post a Comment