Monday, December 11, 2006

For Daddy


Simply Beautiful
Originally uploaded by epmdesigner.
I don't really have time to be blogging...there are a MILLION other things I need to be doing..but Pete loves this picture and I wanted to share it with you all. I know I'm biased, but isn't this little girl lovely? Look at her mouth...it's so sweet. And her eyes, well...they are special. Leah's baby blues have always had that huge, bright, sun-shiny, wide look filled with curiousity, mischief, fun and delight. Did I use enough adjectives for you there?

Aislin's eyes are still that slate blue color. They are like the deepest and most remote part of the ocean...almost black in color. They are big, soulful, and expansive. Her eyes seem to take in everything around her while emitting expression and emotion at the same time. I finally feel like I am getting to know who this little girl is and her eyes are the key to that. I can't wait to see who this little one turns out to be!

Aislin had her two month appointment today and she's doing well at 11 lbs and 7 oz. She's growing in length and head circumference and overall she's coming along fine. Except for a rashy behind (what's new with this kid?) and some cradle cap (can we say sensisitive skin?)...she's perfect.

I made this post especially for Pete because it seems we barely get to speak anymore. We're always tag-teaming the kids...me with one, him with the other. By the time we crawl in to bed there's no time for talking...just sleep! In fact in the doctor's office today he asked me about the particulars of my weekend. I was shocked to realized there were huge chunks we had not discussed. Regardless, Pete is my hero. He drove to Ohio on Saturday and back on Sunday to be there for his friend Rob on his wedding day. He had a great time by the way. He also tried to make his trip as short as possible knowing I was exhausted and that a weekend alone with an 8 week old and 23 month old is no walk in the park (He also missed those girls like crazy!). He spent his lunch hour with me at the pediatrician today just so he could personally hear that his baby is doing fine. He is in awe of his daughters and makes me feel so blessed that I get to care for them each and every day.

So this one is for Daddy...this is his favorite picture of late and I can see why. That face melts my heart too and it looks so much like Pete's at times (but prettier :) Now that she's here, I can't imagine our family without Aisy.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just so you know, he shared this one with all of us over his buddy Brent's house too. He couldn't have been more gushing about his newest daughter. You can really tell how much the man loves his little girls, and how much he loves his wife.

You are lucky to have him, Erin, and vice versa.

Pete, thanks for sharing our day with us! Erin, thanks for sharing your husband with us! We wish you and your girls could have been there too, but we understand! Lugging a two year old and a two month old 6 hours in a car would NOT have been fun! But you were all with us in spirit!

Thanks for the wonderful gift of friendship and love that you guys are to us!

Anonymous said...

Aislin my dear...I love this shot of you in the adorable little Irish knit outfit that Auntie K gave you! You truly are "Daddy's Little Girl" ...having so many of his most attractive facial features. I can only hope that as you grow you will have his calm way and loving heart! You and Leah are so lucky to have such a man to call Daddy...he's another "Pa" in my (and I can see also in your Mommy's) eyes!