I thought this perfectly captured Leah's love-hate relationship with Santa. After some thought I can see why she's a little afraid. She doesn't know the man, so why should she sit on his lap? A healthy dose of fear never hurt anyone...in fact I believe there's actually a book about how it saves peoples' lives. In a way I'm sort of glad she likes the Santa she reads about in books and sees in illustrations better than the few she's met in her two short years. I want her to have her own ideas and dreams about what the Christmas season is and what it means to her.
But why even give Santa the time of day when you can eat a huge cookie with your trusty balloon friend tied to your wrist. She ate two of those cookies by the way and crashed hard from the sugar rush later that day. The dress she's wearing here is affectionately called "The Lemmy Dress" becuase it contains little gray cats just like our Lemmy! I only wish Pete and I felt so affectionately about Lemmy these days. We love her, but like her almost two year old housemate, that cat likes to test limits and challenge authority lately. It's like a demented "The Real World." Anyway...the holidays are off to a fun start. Leah loves the tree and plays with the little figures in her manger scene. We're working on keeping her from touching the tree (Look with your eyes! Not with your hands!)...I can see it falling on her in one of her challenge authority moments if you catch my drift! There's some snow on the ground. And we'll be baking our own Christmas cookies soon. I know Leah can't wait to experience it all! Just look at the childlike wonder (or maybe that's just plain Santa fear!) in her eyes...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment