Monday, October 27, 2008

Under Pressure (sung like the David Bowie song)

Or just think of the sample from the same and go with "Ice Ice, baby." It certainly is feeling cold enough here in CNY these days! As Pete mentioned in his most recent comment on my last post, part of the reason posts have fallen off is my frustration with my camera. I was hesitant to get a new one, as my hope was to save up and get an SLR, but two weeks ago my little point and shoot finally fell-apart and I was faced with a decision. Economic times being what they are, I had to get another point and shoot yesterday. I am a little sad that my SLR dreams seem in the past, but I do want to chronicle my children's growth and in some respect there has been a bit of clamor for me to get back posting again. So new pictures and even some entertaining old ones are on the way. That is, if you guys are still interested?

That being said, another reason I've posted less is because I've been giving more time to my design blog. It's no secret that bloggers thrive on comments, and that blog allows me so much more interaction with readers because they comment frequently and non-anonymously (probably not a word, but I'm going with it anyway). I do track stats on both blogs, but comments are an easy and satisfying way to know who my readers are and if readers are interested in what I post. Eventually, I will need to decide what I want to do with sugar hiccups, but in the meantime I've given it some thought and I've decided it's not dead yet.

Time is the last excuse, and then I'll stop here and let you enjoy the adorable picture of Aisy grabbing the LEGO lady's nose and Leah petting the LEGO dog. Leah's naps grow shorter each passing day, so my writing time (and alone time for anything else for that matter) is shrinking. Still, ever the optimist I've got some ideas about how to make both blogs work (scheduled posts on various days perhaps?) . I'm also thinking guest bloggers might be fun on both blogs. Wouldn't it be fun to hear some Leah and Aisy stories in another voice every once in a while.

So while I might feel a little pressure, I was always taught in art school that a little uncomfortableness is good for you. It keeps it real and your creativity cutting edge. So never fear. I have a date with my camera later. Tune in to see the results.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ah yes, the wonderful Lego picture, taken shortly after a full-out meltdown by Aisy at the Chicago Big Bowl, which resulted in me wearing a glass of milk...

Good times.

Erin said...

Welcome back! I've missed reading your blog and catching up on the active lives of Miss A & Miss L. Hopefully we will see you in a few weeks...

Anonymous said...

Hey, I'm in. You blog, I'll read. Welcome back!!!

Mike&Marsha said...

Yes - We are all still interested. And the opposite of anonymously is nonymously (or it really SHOULD be!).

-b said...

Glad to have you back! Hope you keep it going.

Hi to all!