...And to ALL you Moms out there. Besides being a terrific inspiration to me, many of the Moms I know (including my own) are the biggest and most enthusiastic fans of this blog. Keeping this blog, however much I've slacked lately, truly has been an integral part of my mothering experience. Sharing my joys and my struggles here has helped me better understand my thoughts and feelings on the subject AND it's allowed me to feel the incredible support and empathy of so many others. I am separated from some of those people by many miles, but when blogging or reading comments it does not feel like it. Ahhh, the wonders of the internet.
One of my favorite activities to do with the girls is cooking and baking. Our current specialties are homemade pizza (with sliced tomato and shredded zucchini hidden under LOTS of cheese and Italian seasoning), pumpkin muffins with chocolate chips or double chocolate muffins, and any and every type of cookie imaginable. The food generally comes out great, but our kitchen is ALWAYS a disaster afterwards. Lucky for me, Leah and Aislin are both outfitted (as well as Clare and Grammy) with coordinating aprons from Santa. But Mrs. Claus told me he had another Mompreneur, the lovely Deborah from chiccosas.com, make them. As you can see Leah enjoys licking the spoon, beater, or whatever else she can get her hot, little hands on. And I like creating memories with the girls, as sappy as that might sound. They will only be little for so long.
When I'm not busy with the girls, I love nurturing my other baby (the business) and supporting and working with other Moms who own their own businesses too. If you haven't already, check out my blog post on another great Mom and business owner, Lilie from A Planet 4 Creation at my other blog Design Is Everwhere. She even included a discount code and bonus for my readers. If you are not full after that, and love weddings as much as I do, more importantly...wedding cake...check out the most recent blog post by my Sweet Talk partner Jen at She Takes The Cake's Blog. Jen is yet another Mom and friend who regularly inspires and assists me in my own mothering and entrepreneurial journey. You'd be surprised at how much mothering and entrepreneurship have in common!
Thank you to Pete, who's hard work and support gives me the chance to stay at home with my kids, which is something I adore (even if it doesn't always sound like it. I'm looking at you Jen, K, Dev, Nic, Cyn, Marisa, and anyone else who has regular phone conversations with me! Thank you to my own Mom and Mother-in-Law who daily provide me with an example of what it means to be an amazing mother. And thank you most of all to my daughters. I am blessed to be the person who holds you when you're sick, wipes away your tears, high-fives your achievements, hears all your giggles and songs, and hugs you when you need it. I love you Leah and Aislin.
Saturday, May 10, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
sniff...get me a tissue. Thanks for the perspective Erin, sometimes I lose sight of it too while babying my other offspring.
Beautiful post.
Happy Mother's Day friend.
HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY
THANK YOU FOR BLOGGING AND SHARING YOUR GIRLS AND FAMILY WITH US.
You're the best mom, Erin. A true inspiration to me. I love you!
Nicolle
Post a Comment