addendum to my last post...
Well, we got the results back this morning and it was indeed a deer tick that bit Aislin. I guess the good news is we caught it early (early enough to get it off of her and to know it was even on her in the first place). The County Health Department lab instructed me to keep an eye on her and watch for the tell-tale Lyme disease signs at the spot of the bite, even though Aislin may not have or ever get Lyme disease. We also called the doctor and will be bringing her in at 11 so the doctor can take a look. We just want to take the proper precautions. The only other big bummer is that the mouth part (I think it's called the Hypastone or Hyperstone) was not attached to the little bugger, so it's probably still lodged in the back of her neck. Another good reason to go see the doctor. We want to make sure a secondary infection doesn't result from that.
I'm doing my best to stay calm and look at the bright side, but Aislin is such a baby. Whenever I start thinking like that I start to worry for her. She's in good spirits and if she had more of a vocabulary I'm sure she'd say..."Mom, chill out!" Probably a good idea. We'll let you know how it goes.
Monday, January 14, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Erin,
We are thinking of Aisy and hope everything turns out okay! Thank God Pete noticed it and you guys got her checked out and got that tick off so quickly! What a good dad!!!
See you guys in a few weekends!
Rob and Robin
Hi Erin-
So sorry to hear about the tick! Disgusting little things. Connor got one as an infant-again-don't ask how a baby who isn't even crawling gets a tick-but whatever! I guess our big black lab may have brought it in for us :)
You can take Aislin to get a lyme test. I think you have to wait 6 weeks after the bite. I figured it was worth the peace of mind and/or starting treatments for lyme ASAP.
Hope your situation turns out to be a non-event like ours was.
Deb
Post a Comment