Thursday, December 20, 2007

Tree Trimmin' Faves and Hometown Haunts


some older fave ornaments
Originally uploaded by epmdesigner
This chandelier ornament was a gift from my most wonderful friend Nicolle. It's one of my current favorites on my tree (which of course is only decorated from the middle on up...Thanks Aisy!). Behind it is an old favorite from my oldest and dearest friend Marisa. It's a Bloomingdale's ornament from our days living in NYC. The two off to the right are new aquisitions with lots of old memories. They are from Pete's Grandparents' Tree.

There are so many favorites I can't list them here! And that's just my tree, I'm talking about. Don't let me near my parents' tree! I get misty eyed looking at half of them, and get so excited when I find a new one that I've never seen before. I had to laugh, when I was home helping my Mom decorate her tree. It seemed like every time I picked an ornament up and exclaimed "I love this one! Where did you get it?" She'd say "Charlene."

My Mom's friend Charlene is a fathful Sugar Hiccups reader and also knows her way around a Christmas ornament! She made another one of the favorites on my tree, wonderful little spider ornament based on a German Christmas legend.

Thanks to Charlene, Cynthia, John, and so many of the other people who read and comment regularly. Glad to hear the libations at the Gilded Otter were good John. There are so many places I love in New Paltz! The Harvest Cafe where I had my rehearsal dinner and baby shower and Bacchus where I've had many a good meal and good conversation with good people over the years. Much like my love for ornaments, I coud go on and on when it comes to fun things to do in the Hudson Valley. Not surprisingly, most of them include food and drinks. Of course there's also the Gilded Otter, where the only thing better than the beer is the view of the Shawangunks. It's a good thing I've got a little cold and have confined myself to tea for the time being...otherwise I think I might need a beer.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Merry Christmas & Happy New Year

Anonymous said...

Erin, I love Christmas ornaments too. Every year I sent one to Mom and Marty. I have quite an interesting collection with stories to tell. Love you. Aunt V